Hi everyone, how are you? I hope you had a wonderful week and are enjoying an awesome weekend filled with fantastic books. I had a really tough week. My first difficult one as a blogger. As some of you who have visited my website have already noticed that my blog was not loading properly these last two days. It was my first challenge as a blogger and I learned so many things relating to maintaining a website on my own.
The problem started when I decided to change my domain from geybiesbook.blog to geybie.co. The reason for that is because I had been having some issues with the last one. Before moving to wordpress.org I was using the premium site of wordpress.com, complete with the new domain. When I moved to wordpress.org, I got a new domain since it was free at the time with the package I purchased. I didn’t know that we could use our old domain, so I ended up with two domains. I chose to use the old one for a while until I started getting problems with it that resulted in my decision to change it two days ago.
Changing a domain isn’t as easy as I thought it would be. There were lots of things involved that need to change as well. I’m so grateful that the server of my website, Bluehost, has an amazing team available 24/7 and they’ve been nothing but awesome. They help me figure out the problems and fix them for me. Yes, it was very exhausting but I regretted nothing since I learned a lot of important things.
For those of you who have self-hosted sites must have known the beauty of maintaining the sites. I love the freedom I’ve had but I do know there are many things need to be learned and I’m still learning. Anyway, my site has been back to normal. There are still some minor changes need to be done but overall it has functioned as it used to be and I’m grateful for it.
My new site domain now is https://geybie.co
Now, back to the monthly recap. Last month was a great one for me. I enjoyed most of the books I read and discovered some new-to-me authors whose books I loved. I also started a new feature called “Recommend Me Books” which has been awesome and enjoyed my first ever audiobook. Hence, it was a great one overall, reading and blogging wise. Here is the August’s recap:
- Book Review – When I Need You (Need You #4) by Lorelei James
- Book Review – The Lucky Heart (Jamison Valley #3) by Devney Perry
- Book Review – Blind Date by Bella Jewel
- Book Review – Ripple Effect by Keri Lake
- Audiobook Review – Once Perfect (Shattered Past #1) by Cecy Robson
- Book Review – The Darkest Sunrise Duet by Aly Martinez
“Recommend Me Books” features:
- Recommend Me Books – Mystery, Horror, Thriller
- Recommend Me Books – High or Epic Fantasy
- Recommend Me Books – Young Adult Paranormal and Urban Fantasy
- Recommend Me Books – Adult Paranormal and Urban Fantasy
- Recommend Me Books – Romantic Comedy
- Recommend Me Books – Romantic Suspense
The latest one has been posted. Check it out!
Latest Books News:
- Latest Book News – New Releases, Sales, Pre-Orders (August 22, 2017)
- Latest Book News – New Releases, Sales, Pre-Orders (August 17, 2017)
- Latest Book News – New Releases, Sales, Pre-Orders (August 3, 2017)
Weekly and Monthly Recaps:
- Weekly Recap – A Busy Week (August 26, 2017)
- Weekly Recap – Thank you! (August 19, 2017)
- Weekly Recap – Good Reading Week (August 12, 2017)
- Monthly Recap – JULY Wrap-Up & August To-Be-Read List (August 5, 2017)
I’ve just finished:
I’m currently reading: