First of all, I want to thank all of you for participating in this feature every week. We’ve got a lot of AWESOME recommendations so far. It not only helps me but also all the readers who are looking for certain genres. If you haven’t read the previous posts, we’ve got six awesome posts which cover different genres. Check these out:
It is time for one of my most curious genres ever–historical romance! I only read one series so far, The Bronze Horseman series by Paulina Simmons, and LOVED (still love) it so much. I was OBSESSED with it and it’s been one of my all time favorite. If you haven’t read it yet, I highly recommend it. It is EPIC and unforgettable–one of the most memorable books I’ve ever read.
Now, it’s your turn. What are you favorite historical romance books?
Lexxie at (Un)Conventional Bookviews: As always, I have a lot of recommendations for you, Geybie. 😉 Are you ready?
- The Duke’s Daughters series by Megan Frampton
- Duke-Defying Daughters series by Ashlyn Macnamara
- The Dukes of War series by Erica Ridley
- Where Have All the Scoundrels Gone by Donna Cummings
- Dukes Behaving Badly series by Megan Frampton
- Rogues to Riches series by Erica Ridley
- The Curse of True Love series by Donna Cummings
- Highland Knights series by Jennifer Haymore
- House of Trent series by Jennifer Haymore
- The Renegade Royals series by Vanessa Kelly
- The Duke’s Men series by Sabrina Jeffries
- Sinful Suitors series by Sabrina Jeffries
- The Eton Boys trilogy by Ashlyn Macnamara
- Spindle Cove series by Tessa Dare
- A Gentleman ‘Til Midnight by Alison DeLaine
- Wicked Widows series by Manda Collins
- School for Heiresses series by Sabrina Jeffries
- Lord Midnight by Donna Cummings
- A Most Scandalous Proposal by Ashlyn Macnamara
- The Scandalous, Dissolute, No-Good Mr. Wright by Tessa Dare
- The Elusive Lords series by Beverley Kendall
I will read most anything written by the above author; some of them also write in other genres. I look forward to seeing what else others will recommend!
Stephanie at Book Fever: The first one coming to mind is The Merchant’s Pearl by Amie O’Brien. It isn’t well known so it’s definitely a gem in the historical romance genre. I’m highly anticipating the sequel.
Samantha at The Book Disciple: Here are my favorites (mostly recommended to me from Nick over at Nick and Nereyda’s Infinite book list and Renee at Addicted to Romance!):
- The Rogue not Taken and A Scot in the Dark by Sarah MacLean
- Cold Hearted Rake, Marrying Winterborne, and Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
- The Virgin and The Viscount by Charis Michaels
- Luck Is No Lady by Amy Sandas
Those are my top picks!
Elle Gatto at Pretty Little Book Reviews: I haven’t read many BUT I did fall in love with The Ravenels series by Lisa Kleypas. If you’renew to historicals, I think this is a great place to start! Happy reading. Look forward to seeing what others think as well.
Renee at Addicted To Romance: I wasn’t sure if you received my email…here are my recommendations darling. It’s a long list and these are just my top favorites.
- The Wallflower Series by Lisa Kleypas: Secrets of a Summer Night, It Happened One Autumn, Devil In Winter, Scandal In Spring
- Say You Love Me by Johanna Lindsey
- Petals on the River by Kathleen Woodiwiss
- Outlaw Hearts series by Rosanne Bittner
- The Secret, Ransom, and The Bride by Julie Garwood
- The Bridgerton Series by Julia Quinn
- The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley
- The Beauty and the Spy by Gayle Callen
- McCabe Trilogy by Maya Banks
- Texas Glory by Lorraine Heath
- One Night With A Prince by Sabrina Jeffries
- The Ranger by Monica McCarty
- Between The Devil and Desire by Lorraine Heath
- The Guardian by Margaret Mallory
- Untamed by Elizabeth Lowell
- An English Bride In Scotland by Lynsay Sands
- How To Capture a Countess by Karen Hawkins
- The Highland Duke by Amy Jarecki
- In The Warrior’s Bed by Mary Wine
- The Princess and the Pea by Victoria Alexander
- This Is All I Ask by Lynn Kurland
- Tempt Me At Twilight by Lisa Kleypas
- Rose by Leigh Greenwood
- The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medieros
- In The Bed of a Duke by Cathy Maxwell
- Never Seduce A Scot by Maya Banks
- Wicked In Your Arms by Sophie Jordan
- The Scoundrel’s Seduction by Jennifer Haymore
- If The Slipper Fits by Olivia Drake
- Indigo by Beverly Jenkins
- What a Devilish Duke Desire by Vicky Dreiling
- The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne
- Whitney My Love by Judith McNaught
- The Pirate Lord by Sabrina Jeffries
- High Country Bride by Linda Lael Miller
- My Favorite Bride by Christina Dodd
- And Then He Kissed Her by Laura Lee Guhrke
- For The Earl’s Pleasure by Anne Mallory
- Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth Hoyt
- The Ugly Duchess by Eloisa James
- Texas Bride by Joan Johnston
- Be My Prince by Julianne MacLean
- Temptation in a Kilt by Victoria Roberts
- A Sword Upon The Rose by Brenda Joyce
Christy at Christy’s Love Of Books: I don’t read HR often, so I’m really picky when I do because I want it to be GOOD. When A Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare is the best I’ve read and is an all-around favorite of mine. It has a lot of humor. I just finished It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas, which was recommended by Lover of Romance. It was a lot of fun.
The Bookworm: I love this genre, I’ll have to check out The Bronze Horseman series then, sounds good! For this genre, I’d recommend Tessa Dare 120%. Her historical romances are sweet and funny and the heroines are smart and sassy.
Vanessa at Blushing Geek: Haven’t read a lot from this genre yet but I am starting to like it. For now, I could only recommend Something Wonderful by Judith McNaught which is book 2 in the sequels series but could be read standalone. I’ve stalked the other books in the series and so far I am loving what I’m reading.
Carole at Carole’s Random Life: There are so many great historical romances! I love all things Lisa Kleypas! Shana Galen is great. Some of my other favorites are Christina Dodd, Jude Deveraux, Linda Lael Miller, Linda Broday, Rosanne Bittner, and so many others.
Silvia at Darkest Sins: Oh my, where do I start? I LOVE Historical Romance, so let me point out my Top 5 series (in no particular order) I hope you’ll take into serious consideration.
- The Survivors’ Club series by Mary Balogh
- House of Trent series by Jennifer Haymore
- Maiden Lane series by Elizabeth Hoyt
- Wallflowers series by Lisa Kleypas
- The Rules of Scoundrels series by Sarah Maclean