We are back again with a new genre and this time we are talking about Paranormal/Urban Fantasy books for Adult audiences. This genre used to be my number one to go but unfortunately, I haven’t read many books of this genre. I’m planning to go back to my root this month though, that is why I want many great recommendations I can get.
Please check out the previous posts if you haven’t yet.
- Romantic Suspense,
- Romantic Comedy,
- Adult Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
- Young Adult Paranormal/Urban Fantasy,
- High/Epic Fantasy
Here are my ALL TIME favorites:
- Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward
- Experiment In Terror Series by Karina Halle
- Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning
- Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer
- The Others series by Anne Bishop
It is your turn now. What are your favorite Adult Paranormal/Urban Fantasy books? 😀
Lexxie at (Un)Conventional Bookviews: I love paranormal / UF, Geybie, so my list may be fairly long today 😉
- The Hidden Legacy series by Ilona Andrews
- The Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews
- The Innkeeper Chronicles series by Ilona Andrews
- The Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh
- The Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh
- The Seven series by Dannika Dark
- The Mageri series by Dannika Dark
- The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
- The Alpha & Omega series by Patricia Briggs
- The Cassandra Palmer series by Karen Chance
- Chronicles of Nick series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher
- The Hollows series by Kim Harrison
- Downside Ghosts series by Stacia Kane
- Unbound series by Rachel Vincent
- Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
- The Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
- Fallen Angels series by J.R.Ward
- Corine Solomon series by Ann Aguirre
- WVMP Radio series by Jeri Smith-Ready
- The League series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole
- Spellcrackers.com series by Suzanne McLeod
- Shifters series by Rachel Vincent
- Demonica series by Larissa Ione
- Alien Huntress by Gena Showalter
- Aspect of Crow series by Jeri Smith-Ready
- Vampires Realm series by Felicity Heaton
Nadene at Totally Addicted To Reading: My favorite genre. Eternal Mates and Her Angel series by Felicity Heaton, Deadly Angels series by Sandra Hill, The Argenau series by Lynsay Sands, Seven series by Dannika Dark and Heart of the Wolf series by Terry Spear.
Sophie at Beware Of The Reader: Adult: try J.R. Ward, Nalini Singh, Rebecca Zanetti and Wolfsong by TJ Klune. Young Adult, you have Cassandra Clare, Sarah J Maas, Susan Ee, Renée Ahdieh, Tahereh Mafi, Sabaa Tahir, and Rebel of the Desert.
Samantha at The Book Disciple: Oh you got some great recs already. BDB of course because Jr Ward is the QUEEN. Check out Abbie Roads’. They are a strange blend of PNR because the setting is so normal. I really loved them. Also, check out Isabelle Jordan’s series starting with Semi-charmed. Then check out L.E. Wilson’s Deathless Night series! She has a spin off series about the wolves and the fae as well and it’s great too. Obviously any of Nalini Singh’s series but I really love the Guild Hunters books. Phoenix Rising (book 1 of 3) by Elise Faber was great too! Oh and the Wolf series by N.J. Walters!!! She just re-released them with a new publisher. Turn of the Moon by LP Dover was a good read as well. (I love this series of blog posts you are doing BTW! My husband, however, does not appreciate it since I have been snagging WAY too many books…). Oh yes, L.D. Rose’s series is very good. Different!! I enjoyed it a lot!
Dragonfly at Our Familiarium: Great feature! I love adult paranormal and urban fantasy! I was surprised not to see Gena Showalter on the post but I see that Lexxie added her in the comments. Gena’s Lords of the Underworld is FANTASTIC!!! I would add Rebecca Zanetti and her Dark Protectors is probably my all time favorite. 🙂
Lauren at Shooting Stars Mag: I used to read a TON of paranormal romance. I second Karen’s comment about the WVMP Radio series by Jeri Smith-Ready. So so good. I also love the Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper. ALSO – Kiss and Hell and My Way to Hell by Dakota Cassidy. 🙂
Martha at Reviews By Martha’s Bookshelf: Three of my favs are listed already by Lexxie: The Mercy Thompson Series, Cassandra Palmer, and The Hollows.
Aislynn listed The Iron Druid series and Trisy listed Abbie Roads’ Fatal Dreams.
There are several others shown that I need to take a look at.
One not listed is Monster Hunters International series by Larry Correia. These have all sorts of monsters, including some of the hunters, and are fun too.
I didn’t see the Rylee Adamson Series by Shannon Mayer which is good – I need to read more of this. And the Ivy Granger, Psychic Detective Series by E.J. Stevens. Also – I think the Study/Soulfinder Series by Maria V. Snyder might fall under this category. Magic, assassins, wonderful romance and adventure.
Uma at Books Bags Burgers: I love giving and receiving recommendations. I’m afraid I haven’t read many adults urban fantasies, BUT I’ve read a LOT of young adult urban fantasies that are awesome! Also, I saw Poison Study up there. I’ve read only book 1 but I LOVE it! But I do believe it’s more high fantasy than urban fantasy! Also, there’s this lesser known fantasy series. Series of Blood by Emma Hamm. It falls somewhere between young adult and adult? It has a lot of fantasy and romance. Oh and also Vampires in America by D.B.Reynolds. I read book 1 a long time ago but I remember enjoying it. Must go back to the series someday. Great post Geybie! And great recommendations. <3
Renee at Addicted To Romance: Oh, you have some great books listed here!! I have such a soft spot for paranormal romance. I haven’t read too many Urban Fantasy since I like a strong romance theme, not many of them contain that. But I have read some good ones. Some of my favorites are here:
- Psy Changelings by Nalini Singh,
- Night Prince series by Jeaniene Frost,
- Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands,
- Love At Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks,
- Scandals With Bite series by Brooklyn Ann,
- New Species series by Laurann Dohner,
- Breeds series by Lora Leigh,
- Red Moon series by Elizabeth Kelly,
- Midnight Liaisons series by Jessica Sims,
- Eternal Guardians series by Elisabeth Naughton,
- Cauld Ane series by Tracey Jane Jackson/Piper Davenport,
- Heart of the Jaguar series by Terry Spear,
- Carpathians by Christine Feehan.
Liz at Liz’s Book Bucket List: It’s more of New Adult, but the Blackest Gold series by R. Scarlett is phenomenal.
Christy at Christy’s Love Of Books: Anything & everything by Ilona Andrews! They write AMAZING books! There are so many good books/series in these genres. I love it.
Fran at Mind Reader 2.0: Oh, I’ve got two! Actually, many of my favorite UF series are already mentioned here, so my picks are: Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton and Jessica McClain series by Amanda Carlson. Absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. 💚
Di at Book Reviews By Di: Some really great series here. I’m totally bookmarking this. Also, I don’t think anyone has mentioned Rachel Caine’s Weather Warden series. I enjoyed that one although I know her Morganville is more popular.
Janie McGaugh: There are a lot of great series here that I’ve read or am in the process of reading, but there are a number of others that I haven’t started on, yet. Some of my favorite series are Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress (and related) series, Kresley Cole’s Immortals after Dark series, Darynda Jones’ Charley Davidson series, Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series, Ilona Andrews’ Kate Daniels series, Dianne Duvall’s Immortal Guardians series, Karen Moning’s Highlander and Fever series, and Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunters and Psy-Changeling series.