Are you a fan of alpha heroes or alpha males? Just in case you haven’t known yet, I am a HUGE FAN of alpha males (heroes), especially when the books have awesome love stories. For those obsessed with romance might know what I mean. I have A LOT of recommendations since this is one of my favorite tropes, but it’s impossible to list here, so I’ll list the ones that are my TOP favorites.
If you haven’t yet, please check out the other posts:
My favorite alpha hero books are:
Alpha Heroes (Dark Romance)
Alpha Heroes (Badass Heroes)
Alpha Heroes (Bikers)
Alpha Heroes (Paranormal/Urban Fantasy) – Check out all my favorites of this genre
What are your favorites?
Renee at Addicted To Romance: Oh, Alpha Heroes are perfect for a good romance. You have some fantastic listings here. Here is my list:
- Dark Magic by Christine Feehan
- Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
- Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
- Raphael by D.B. Reynolds
- The Pirate Lord by Sabrina Jeffries
- The Conqueror by Brenda Joyce
- The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen Woodiwiss
- Warrior’s Woman by Johanna Lindsey
- Creole Fires by Kat Martin
- Golden Surrender by Heather Graham
- Real by Katy Evans
- Rock Hard by Nalini Singh
- A Rose in the Storm by Brenda Joyce
- A Perfect Hero by Samantha James
- A Woman’s Innocence by Gayle Callen
- Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Angels’ Blood by Nalini Singh
- Between the Devil and Desire by Lorraine Heath
- Bite Me If You Can by Lynsay Sands
- Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas
- Bound Together by Christine Feehan
- Breaking Point by Suzanne Brockmann
- Burning Wild by Christine Feehan
- Coyote’s Mate by Lora Leigh
- Declaration of Courtship by Nalini Singh
- In Bed with a Highlander by Maya Banks
- In Total Surrender by Anne Mallory
- Kings Captive by Amber Bardan
- Kingdom of Dreams by Judith Mcnaught
- Knight by Kristen Ashley
- Lair of the Lion by Christine Feehan
- Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. Wilson
- Lord of the Keep by Ann Lawrence
- Midnight Warrior by Iris Johansen
- Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost
- One Night With A Prince by Sabrina Jeffries
- Outlaw Hearts by Rosanne Bittner
- Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth Hoyt
- Shadow Rider by Christine Feehan
- Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas
- Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughan
- Reaper’s Property by Joanna Wylde
- Shadow Fires by Catherine Spangler
Lexxie at (Un)Conventional Bookviews: Most of Kristen Ashley’s Rock Chick series, plus the spin-offs, The Burg series, The Dream Man series, The Colorado Mountain series and Chaos series have pretty hot alpha males. Lori Foster’s Ultimate series, Love Undercover series, as well as her Body Armor series have great alpha males, too. I can’t think of any others right off the top of my head – except maybe JA Huss’ Rook and Ronin series plus spin-offs, those guys are alphas, too, as are the Misters.
Mary Kirkland at Dark Thoughts: I love alpha heroes. I think one of the best series that has a lot of alpha heroes is Christine Feehan’s Dark series. Those Carpathian males are really something.
Tanya at Girl Plus Books: I love a good alpha. Jamie Fraser from the Outlander is an all-time fave. Garrett from Elle Kennedy’s The Deal. Rome Archer from Jay Crownover’s Marked Men series is another favorite.
Di at Book Reviews By Di: Ahhh! I LOVE Alphas. The non A-hole kind though. To add to the list I would recommend:
- The Kingmaker Trilogy by Amanda Bouchet
- A Court of Thorns and Roses Trilogy by Sarah J Maas
- Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo
Awesome list so far!
Sophia Rose at Delighted Reader: Between your great list including several of my favorites like Kristen Ashley and Tillie Cole, and then Renee and Kimberly’s lists that I see several favorites, I think I’ll just add some of Roni Loren’s dominants from her Loving on the Edge series.
Karen at For What It’s Worth: I’m not a huge alpha hero fan but I do love Laura Florand’s bossy, alpha chefs from her Amour et Chocolate series. They have a soft marshmallow center for their heroines.
Brandee at Bookworm Brandee: Of course, Kristen Ashley was the first to come to mind for alpha heroes. No one does alphas like Kristen Ashley. I also like CJ Roberts, Aleatha Romig, and Madeline Sheehan. I’ve only read one from Joanna Wylde but I rather enjoyed Horse too. You’ve definitely added some alpha series to my list to check out. Let’s see…the only other alphas I can think of right offhand are of the paranormal variety but I love Curran from Ilona Andrews’ Kate Daniels series as well as Adam and Charles from Patricia Briggs’ Mercy Thompson and Alpha & Omega series.
Christy at Christy’s Love Of Books: I’m so picky when it comes to alpha heroes. It’s such a fine line with me, because they can so easily piss me off. They have to be a certain way, and a lot of it depends on the heroine too. I usually prefer an alpha heroine with the hero like in the Kate Daniels series.