Sports Romance or athlete heroes/heroines is one of my TOP favorite tropes and I am currently reading a great one that I cannot wait to share with you this week. My top favorites are limited even though I have read a lot of books on this theme. I hope you can recommend me your favorites. Please check out the other posts below if you haven’t yet.
My TOP favorites are:
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata (He is the top defensive end in the National Football Organization)
- Moonshot by Alessandra Torre (Baseball star)
- Kulti by Mariana Zapata (Soccer star)
- Wrecking Ball by P. Dangelico (Football star)
- When I Need You (Need You #4) by Lorelei James (Football star)
- Most Valuable Playboy by Lauren Blakely (Football star)
- Bountiful by Sarina Bowen (Hockey star)
- Off-Campus series by Elle Kennedy
- The Studying Hours by Sara Ney
- The Failing Hours by Sara Ney
- The Learning Hours by Sara Ney
- Undecided by Julianna Keyes
What are your favorites?
Kozbisa at We Live and Breathe Books: I am a huge fan of the Cold Fury books by Sawyer Bennett, The Game On books by Kristin Callihan, The Rusk University books by Cora Carmack, The Gravity series by Sarina Bowen, End Game by Kate McCarthy, The Rugby books by Penny Reid and LH Cosway. I love sports romances!
I agree that Sawyer Bennett’s Cold Fury and Penny Reid/LHCosway’s Rugby series are great. Also, I love the Pucked series (hockey) by Helena Hunting and have recommended it to several friends. I also recently enjoyed “The Player” and “The Catch” by K. Bromberg and “The Baller” by Vi Keeland was also a great read as well.
Angie at Books and Beauty are My Bag: If you like Elle Kennedy, you should try HIM that was co-written with Sarina Bowen. That was a great book. But I wasn’t as big a fan of the second. And the same goes for the WAGs series, also written by them. I loved the first book in the series, the second not so much. Also, there was a series years ago I read called New York Blades, and it was written by Deirdre Martin. I loved it, and it also ticks off the alpha male box! I hope you find some great recs.
Alyssa Susanna at The Eater Of Books: Sports Romances… I feel like I could name one million and one. Let’s see:
Off the top of my head, that’s all I can think of for now. Helena Hunting has written some, but I’ve not read them. Great list, Geybie! Have a wonderful week.
Mia at Mia The Book Addict: Just like before most of my favorites are part of the series so here I go.
- Assassins Series & Bellevue Bullies Series by Toni Aleo
- Him Series & WAGs Series by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy
- Off-Campus Series by Elle Kennedy
- Pucked Series by Helena Hunting
- Brooklyn Bruisers Series by Sarina Bowen
- Play-by-Play Series by Jaci Burton
- Hashtag & GearShark Series by Cambria Herbert
- Taking Shots Series by Cindi Madsen
- Game On Series by Kristen Callihan
- Scoring Wilder & The Summer Games Series by R.S. Grey
- Breakaway Series by L.P. Dover
- Cranberry Inn & Viper’s Heart Series by Beth Ehemann
- The Player Series by K. Bromberg
- Cold Fury Hockey Series by Sawyer Bennett
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata
Corina at Book Twins Reviews: Here are my recommendations:
- How To Date A Douchebag series by Sara Nay
- Illegal Contact (The Barons #1) by Santino Hassell (amazing M/M book)
- It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (an oldie but a great one)
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata (one of my all-time favorites)
- Scoring Wilder by R.S. Grey (another number 1 book)
- The Hard Count by Ginger Scott (very detailed)
- Him (Him #1) by Sarina Bowen (favorite sports M/M book)
- The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years, #1) by Sarina Bowen
- Kulti by Mariana Zapata
- Good Boy (WAGs, #1) by Sarina Bowen
Tanya at Girls Plus Books: I love a good sports romance and Sarina Bowen is my favorite. Love her writing and the guys in her sports romances are so swoony! I also love Cora Cormack’s Rusk University series and Elle Kennedy’s Off-Campus series.
Renee at Addicted To Romance: Sports romances are fantastic!! I haven’t read too many of them unfortunately so these will help me out. Although some I have read. Here are my favorites I have read.
- The Deal by Elle Kennedy
- The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton
- The Score by Elle Kennedy
- The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan
- Real by Katy Evans
- Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy
- Worth The Fight by Vi Keeland
- All Lined Up by Cora Carmack
- Against The Rope by Sarah Castille
- No Limits by Lori Foster
- Rock Hard by Nalini Singh
- All Of Me by Jennifer Bernard
- Playing It Close by Kat Latham
- With Every Heartbeat by Linda Kage
- Back In The Game by Lori Wilde
Sophia Rose at Delighted Reader: I am definitely a fan of the sports romances. Looks like you and the others covered many that I’ve read. I’ve read a few of Jaci Burton’s Play by Play series and they were enjoyable, Ruthie Knox’s Ride With Me (cycling), Erin McCarthy’s Fast Track series (auto racing), Michele Mannon’s Worth the Fight trilogy (MMA/Boxing), Rhonda Shaw’s The Change-Up and The Ace (baseball), Jennifer Bernard’s baseball series, Kate Willoughby’s In the Zone series (hockey), Kat Lathan’s London Legends series (rugby), Nyrae Dawn’s Rush, and I’m sure there are a few more, but they aren’t coming to mind.
Kristen at Metaphors And Moonlight: I have read a total of one sports romance in my life since it’s not my usual genre, but I enjoyed that one! It was These Battered Hands by Laurel Ulen Curtis. From what I can see, it might be the first gymnastics one on your list!
Lexxie at (Un)Conventional Bookviews: You already have a LOT of great recommendations here, Geybie, but I still found a few more that I have really enjoyed.
- His Convenient Husband by Robin Covington
- Bossed by Sloane Howell
- The Hard to Play series by Katie Rose
- Bad Boys of Baseball series by Katie Rose
- The Long Pass Chronicles series by Tara Lain
- The New York Saints series by Melanie Scott
- Tempting Tempo (Tempest #5) by Michelle Mankin, this series is a rock-star series, but the heroine in this story is a competitive skier.
- The Bannister Brothers series by Jennie Marts
There is just a thing about sports romances, those tough guys (or gals) getting all emotional.